Wednesday 31 December 2014

Unseen Dialogues (9-15)

Unseen Dialogues (9-15)

9. King: (Looking around) Charioteer, even without being told, it indeed understood that this is the area of hermitage in the penance grove. (Going little distance) There should not be any trouble for the ascetics (residents of penance grove). Stop the chariot here itself so that I will get down.

Charioteer: The reins are held. May the long-lived one get down.

King: (Getting down) Charioteer, indeed one should enter the penance grove with modest attire. Let this be taken. (Thus gives his ornaments and bow to the charioteer going near)

10. भीम: Oh noble one, let me go (release me) for a moment.

युधिष्ठीर: What else is left?

भीम: Oh noble one, something very important is left. I will bind up the hair of पाञ्चाली  which was dragged by दुःशासन with this hand smeared with the blood of दुर्योधन and दुःशासन.

युधिष्ठीर: You may go quickly. Let the ascetic lady (द्रौपदी) experience the celebration of binding of the braid of the hair.

भीम: Oh princess of  पाञ्चाल kingdom, congratulations on the destruction of enemy’s family.

11. Chamberlain: (Having entered suddenly) This is a pair of garments.

Hero: (having seen, with joy to himself) Fortunately, (my) desire is fulfilled by this pair of red clothes brought unexpectedly.

Chamberlain: (It is) Sent by the queen the mother of मित्रावसु. So may the prince wear this.

Hero: Oh Chamberlain bring it (Chamberlain brings the pair of red garments near. Taking it, to himself) My marriage with मलयवती has become successful  (Moving around, loudly) Oh Chamberlain you may go. May the queen be saluted on my behalf.

12. शर्विलक: Oh मदनिका! Calm down!

मदनिका: (Recovering) Oh adventurous one! (Are you sure) For my sake indeed no one was killed or wounded in that house while doing this improper act by you?

शर्विलक: Oh मदनिका, शर्विलक does not attack the one who is frightened or asleep. So no one was killed by me nor even wounded.

मदनिका: Very good.

शर्विलक: Oh wicked, evil चारुदत्त. You will be no more.

13. भरत: If the separation of son was the same,then why was I not sent to the forest?

कॆकेयी: Child! The separation from  you who were staying in maternal uncle’s house was indeed natural.

भरत: Then why were fourteen years (of exile) observed (stipulated)?

कॆकेयी:Child! I was desirous to say fourteen days; my heart being confused said fourteen years.

भरत: There is a wisdom to explain properly.

14. प्रियंवदा: Oh Alas! Indeed unpleasant has occurred. Absent-minded शकुन्तला has offended a respectable person (Having seen ahead) This is indeed the great sage दुर्वासा who is short tempered. Having cursed in that manner he has returned with an irresistible gait.

अनसूया:Who else can burn except fire? Go, bring him back bowing down to his feet, till then I will arrange water for (his) respectful welcome.

प्रियंवदा: Alright (Thus goes out).

15. King: Then, let the debate commence.

देवी: If you ask me, I don’t like the dispute among them at all.

Dance teacher: Oh queen, you should not consider me likely to be defeated by the one who is having the similar knowledge.

Jester: Your highness, I (want to) see the fight of rams. What is the use of giving them a salary for nothing?

देवी: Indeed, you are fond of quarrels.



No comments:

Post a Comment

\